As you enter the local inn, you are surprised and delighted to see several familiar faces seated at one of the tables. Your host smiles and says, "Our Lord and Lady thought you may need some help on your quest. They invited some of your friends to serve as companions."
The feudal system formed the core of medieval society. During class you will learn about this society, but you are expected to expand your knowledge by researching the following topics: serfs, peasants, clergy (monks and nuns), nobles (knights and ladies), and royalty (kings and queens). You may also want to research manors, castles, feasts, medieval dress, tournaments, or a famous person . You must have your topics approved by your teacher before you begin. Research the topics and then create a multimedia presentation to share your findings.
1. Each member of your group must take on a role as described in the Titles and Jobs page.
2. Your presentation must include text, drawings or graphics, and sound or music.
3. Your presentation must include a cover page, at least 10 slides with information, and a citations page.
4. You must discuss the following topics in your presentation: how people organized themselves, how the feudal system worked, the role of religion in society, what kind of work people did, what people did for fun, what kind of buildings people lived in, and the impact of the Black Death upon society, scientific achievement in feudal society.
5. All members of the group must participate in the presentation. You will have a fortnight (two weeks).